- Siphon sensitive data from government, military, diplomatic, research and educational organisations in the United States and Europe.
- Hide their command-and-control servers from law enforcement agencies.
Hijacking Satellite to Hide Command-and-Control Servers
- Don’t come with support for encrypted connections
- Relies on unsuspecting users of the satellite Internet service providers across the world
- A rented house in an area where the vulnerable satellites provide coverage
- A satellite dish to intercept the traffic
- A landline Internet connection